Friday, October 19, 2012

On the Needles Friday

 I am ready to knit the toe of my latest Opal yarn "Socktober" socks.  I was on business travel all week and nearly knitted an entire sock!  The flash makes them look much more yellow than they really are.  I am excited the stripes are fairly close on the sister socks.

I visited my brother's family last night.  He was also out on work travel, but I had a nice visit with SIL and my two darling middle school aged nieces.  They became very excited when I pulled out my knitting.  They are both learning to knit also.  I helped the older one remember to count so her scarf does not "grow" as she knits--she keeps adding stitches (like I did not so long ago--I just learned to knit myself in March).  I showed the younger niece how to cast on and knit (and count stitches) and she knitted four or five rows on her scarf fairly quickly. 

Check out Judy's "On the Needles Friday" to see more knitting projects.  www.patchworktimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment