Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beware the IRON!!!!

This is the new iron.  The old iron could have burned my house down today.  Really.  My old iron was an Oreck.  I think it was 7-8 years old, but I have only used it for a year or two.  It was a freebie with the crappy vacuum cleaner I bought after the house flooded in Katrina.  No wonder it was free.  The old iron turned itself off after 10-15 minutes of inactivity, and I often left it plugged in while I was wandering around the house doing other things.  Today I was working on my lovely scrappy pineapple blocks.  Suddenly, I smelled smoke!  That stupid Oreck iron fried and the wiring was burning.  I unplugged it and tossed it in the trash.  Whew!  What if I had been outside on a play break with the dogs?  Forgot and left it plugged in when I went to work?  Was taking a bubble bath???  Seriously, please be careful. 

The new iron is a Shark from Lowe's.  So far so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment