Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Heat with Nancy Mahoney

Friday I got to take a paper piecing class with Nancy Mahoney!  She taught in Hattiesburg, hosted by the Mississippi Quilt Association.  The class was "Summer Heat".  Funny thing--I had seen this pattern in a magazine before, and I thought "no way!", but when Nancy was announced as the featured instructor this summer, I  knew of the perfect feature fabric to use for this quilt, which will be in the border.  I am not very good at paper piecing, but decided to give it a chance. 

When she presented her method to paper piece, I didn't think I would like it because I had not been taught that method, but it worked so smoothly I was able to piece two blocks during the class.  Nancy is a fabulous teacher and I really enjoyed her class.  She is such a sweet lady.  If you ever get a chance to take a class with her, definitely go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment