Monday, March 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I actually have something on my design wall today!  I spent last week at the Gulf States Quilt Assn Seminar in New Orleans.  We had a blast.  I took two hand applique classes with Becky Goldsmith and the Pine Burr class with John Flynn.  He used laser cut fabrics for his kits, so the pieces were very accurately cut, which made successful piecing easy.
I finished the four blocks.  I think I will set them in a row and make a bed runner.  Ooops--now I see I should have been more careful putting the cream wedges on.  Well, they are staying now!  Those will go on the ends.  I do need to get the right fabrics for sashing and binding.  I am thinking poison green.

I did finish my red and white quilt for the display.  I was sewing the binding on while Teresa was driving to New Orleans!


1 comment:

  1. Nice burr blocks! The red and white quilt looks great. Congrats on a finish.

    ReplyDelete