Thursday, October 29, 2015

Tuesday was Knitting Trainwreck Day!

Tuesday was really knitting trainwreck day.  I realized that I had dropped a stitch on my Socks on a Plane sock.  :(  It was about 6 rows down, and it is a real challenge for me to tink a cable.  Arrggghh!!

So, I picked up my Boxy sweater. I have separated for the arms, and the edges don't look right.  Back to the basket.

So, the cherry on the top of my knitting day was when I realized our new puppy, Skye, had taken a new skein of Madelinetosh off the shelf and proceeded to destroy it.
It was the last skein in that color at The Loopy Ewe.  :(  It was to finish a Christmas present. :(

So yesterday at knitting group I pulled on my big girl panties and actually fixed the drop stitch on the sock.  ;)

When I got home from work, I rewound the skein of MadTosh and there were only a couple of minor bite marks, and it is a full skein minus a foot or two:
Thank goodness!

Boxy is still in the basket, but I think I am just having the next step jitters, and I will keep knitting and see what happens.

So that is my knitting report for the week.  Knit on!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you had quite the week. There are just some days when the world is telling you to put down the needles and do something else. Glad everything worked out and you're back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did have quite a knitting week, but I'm glad you salvaged the sock and the yarn! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great you ended on a positive, even though you had some detours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have similar stories, I am sure. Carry on! But it is good to share our struggles too...keeps it a bit more real and at the end of the day, makes us all realizability we are not the only ones with a tangled mess of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your knitting nightmare of a day! My dropped stitch in my sock pattern seems minor to yours. Glad you worked them out.

    ReplyDelete