Friday, April 8, 2016

Fiesta Feet -- any Progress is Good Progress!

I didn't get to work on my Fiesta Feet sock much this week.  I was crazy busy at work, and was a tad fearful of the next step:  Pickup stitches along the heel flap.  My least favorite thing of sock knitting.

So I put in a life line and did it! I told myself I would try it once, if it didn't work I would just resort to my favorite heel (fish lips kiss heel) and start knitting the foot pattern again.

It actually worked on the first try, but I may have an extra row in there, I'm not sure and I'm not going to fret about it.  I've knitted 6-8 rows into the gusset, and next is some color work.  Hopefully I can find some quiet time to work on it this weekend.

What's on your needles?

And Judy L---I have a pile of laundry too!!

2 comments:

  1. Picking up the stitches on the heel flap is my least favorite thing about sock knitting too. I'm glad that it worked on the first try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really never got the hang of picking up stitches for a heel so learned a couple of others and let the other one go. I am looking forward to seeing this sock completed.

    ReplyDelete