Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Finish!

I finished Drachenfels this week.  Oh I do love it!  I used two different Madelinetosh yarns, Tosh Sock and Dandelion, which has some linen in it.  I really am happy with it.
Wingspan view

I started a pair of socks for my boyfriend, Business Casual in Cascade Heritage Sock.  Wow is that stuff soft!  I think he will really like them.  This will be the third pair I have knit for him.

I also bought yarn for Churchmouse Yarn and Tea's "Simple Tee" pattern.  Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in ice blue.  I had to drive near the local yarn shop the other day so I was able to select some yarn.  When I got home I discovered I didn't have the right needles (how is that possible??) so I am waiting for those before I knit a swatch.  The LYS is really good about shipping.  It is over an hour drive, so I don't go over there much, but I do try to order from them instead of other online retailers if I can.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl. The colors look so nice together. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shawl! Love this color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful. I don't knit shawls because I wouldn't wear them and no one I know does. But I love to look at them. Our LYS closed last year: I really miss that place.

    ReplyDelete