Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Mississippi Quilt Association Gathering

Wow! Has it been over a month since I was here last??  Super busy at Crazy Sue Land!

May 31-June 1 I attended the MQA June Gathering in Jackson, MS. I had never been before and had a great time!  I am so inspired and can't wait to get back into my sewing room.

Friday I took a class with Bonnie Hunter, Winston Ways.  I took a class with her several years ago, and I participate in her online mystery almost every year, so I didn't think I would really learn anything-----WRONG!!! 

The class was so large that it was in three rooms.  I was kinda bummed that I was not in the main room for the class, but it turns out that I had the perfect spot! I set up my sewing station at the end of the row next to a window that faced out over the playground with a view of a lovely Texas lilac in full bloom.
I bought this little Bernina a couple of years ago JUST for travel and have not used it much.  I had fun getting acquainted again. Perfect for travel. I hate to break down my big machine, pack it up and drag it around. This is much better.

Light bulb moment #1: I was sewing my four patches together wrong! I was feeding them into the machine upside down.  Wow!

Light bulb moment #2: Webbing. I never understood what that meant. Now I get it. :)
Instead of sewing each block individually, you chain piece in rows vertically and then horizontally.  I need to practice this method to see if I can assemble faster.

I had a lovely day sewing and the two light bulb moments made the class totally worth my time.

Saturday I took a crazy quilt class.  I made one block.  It was not really all that "crazy", but I wanted to make a pillow for my granddaughter so I already had a design in mind.
I want to embroider a bouquet of silk flowers in the center.

Now I just need time to stay home and sew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment