Sunday, March 3, 2019

Good Fortune Top is done!

Wow!  Where have I been???  I have been so busy I haven't posted in a while..like 3 months!!!

Life has just been crazy here.  I have been trying to sneak in a little sew time and today I finally got to sit still long enough ...... I finished Bonnie Hunter's Good  Mystery Quilt!! I decided this year I wanted to use Christmas fabrics instead of the color scheme Bonnie had suggested.  I think it will be fabulous to wrap up the grandkids each Christmas!


Unfortunately it was pouring rain this afternoon and I couldn't go outside to get a good picture, but I will post one soon. 

I even pieced the back.  I had this fabulous Christmas cookie recipe themed fabric.  I added a row of pieced leftover four patch blocks down the center.  Why did I make so many of these anyway??

And speaking of extra blocks, today I found the stack of green and white HSTs I thought I was missing.  Wish I had found them sooner, when I needed them!! Well, hopefully I can hand the quilt off this week to my quilter friend and let her work her long arm magic and quilt this baby for me.  I am just so happy I finished!!!  Now on to something else!
I'm linking with SmallquiltsandDoll quilts: Check her site out!

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing one of Bonnie's mystery quilts made in a different colorway. The reason you made too many 4 patches is because Bonnie made a mistake and told people to make an incorrect number of 4 patches. I'm sure your grands will enjoy the quilt at Christmas. Enjoy your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose! And the backing is perfect. I haven't seen that recipe fabric before. Thanks for sharing on my blog, Judy

    ReplyDelete