Friday, April 5, 2013

On the Needles Friday

Well I justs couldn't help it--I cast on my cowl/hat before I finished the pink short socks.  Just have an inch or two and am ready to start the toe, but the hat has been calling me.......

This is a pattern I found in a magazine.  The hat cinches up in the top or you can open it to wear as a cowl.  I ordered this lovely Lorna's Laces Honor yarn for it.  I know it will feel awesome.  I probably cast on five times before I got it right--kept ending up with the wrong number of stitches somehow.  One of the ladies at knit night showed me how to do a stitch I did not under stand.  I hope it turns out nice.  I already love knitting on it.

I am really a quilter who just learned to knit.  I will start posting more quilty stuff to my blog, I promise.

Check out Judy L's www.patchworktimes.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a quilter who just learned to knit this year. I like to do cowls and scarfs. My next project is socks.

    ReplyDelete