Friday, May 3, 2013

I have no idea

I am knitting with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Envy".  How do I determine the correct needle size and how many stitches to cast on?  I used size 1 needles with 64 stitches on the right sock.  Does it look too stretched on my leg?  I have had a problem with socks falling down on my leg in big stretched out legs.  Should I cast on more stitches on a larger needle so?  Am I making the leg portion too small and it stretches out of shape and falls down my leg?   The sock on the left is knit on size 2 needles with 60 stitches.  I have used that size/stitch combo and knit two pairs that are great and one pair that is huge by the end of the day. 

Too bad I didn't cast on sooner.  I missed Judy L's pooling sock challenge!  These have a nice pooling pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I can't answer any of your questions, but I sure do like the color of the yarn you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn! What pattern are you following? I guess changing needle size also depends on yarn you are using also. Email Judy and ask her! She is great at answering and helping! I did a lot! It took me two years to knit my first pair!!! I was making so many mistakes I was getting frustrated! She was great!

    ReplyDelete