Monday, August 26, 2013

Paper Piecing Marathon

So one thing you probably don't know about me is that I am a runner and triathlete.  I have run nine full marathons so far.  I was thinking that this paper piecing project is like a marathon.  It sounded like a great idea at first.  I had a great start, then my enthusiasm waned as I kept going and going and going.  I have pieced two thirds of the sections.  The next section has 7 pieces.  There are 56 sections.  That's alot of pieces. 

I feel like I have just hit "mile 17" in my paper piecing marathon.  I hate mile 17.  That is usually where I think I am going to die and that feeling of defeat is heavy on my shoulders until at least mile 22, when I can rationalize the last few miles in relation to my favorite running route at home. 

Just keep going, going, going...I'll let you know when I get to "mile 22".   


No comments:

Post a Comment