Friday, May 22, 2015

Colossal Week of Finishes for Crazy Sue!

What a week!!  I finished the graduation quilt for my darling niece, McKaela.  Just in time!

We drove to The Woodlands, TX for my IRONMAN TEXAS competition.  Yes, I am one of those crazy people!  I have been training with my running partner for over a year and was so happy to complete the race.  The race was brutal:  2.4 mile lake swim, 112 mile bike ride in the hilly/windy/hot Texas countryside, and 26.2 hot miles.  I spent SO many hours training and am looking forward to using that time now to sew and knit.  It will be nice to have my life back.  Boyfriend agrees.


And---drumroll please!!!  During the drive to Texas and my days of recovery following the race, I have finished The Little Black Shrug!  I have been working on this for the past three springs.  I really didn't understand parts of the instructions.  I think the designer wrote this pattern assuming you had several implied skills, even though this is supposed to be an easy pattern.  I would get to a point I didn't understand and throw it into the basket for another year.  I drug it along on the trip and decided to push through.

I had bought the yarn and didn't want to waste it or leave it sitting around.  And I have several outfits that really needed this shrug, like this sundress.  I am really excited it is finished and fits.  Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Your shrug looks great. And I can't understand even wanting to do an ironman competition but happy for your finish.

    ReplyDelete