Friday, July 24, 2015

Camp Loopy Finish

Ta-da!!  I finished my Camp Loopy July project a week early!!!  Meet Laylow (pattern by Shannon Cook) in Madelinetosh Merino Light in Mare and Kale colorways.
I really enjoyed knitting this.  Next time I will not use wooden point circs.  The yarn would catch and drag when I did the dropped stitches.  The pattern has links for the garter tab cast on and the drop stitch tutorial, which are very helpful.

Last night I took it off the needles and soaked it.  The center section was very full and would not lay flat--I was worried I had too many extra stitches somehow.  I couldn't even use the blocking wires. So, I just flattened it as best I could.  This morning it was dry and flat!  Woohoo!!

I do wish it was a little larger.  I could have knit another repeat or two.


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. I had a similar experience with my latest shawl project. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be and had some trouble trying to block with wires (my first time using them). Yours looks very nice the way you have it displayed.

    ReplyDelete