Thursday, July 2, 2015

Busy Needles Week

I've been burning it up!  I actually finished Camp Loopy 1 project on time:

Not the best picture, and it still needs to be blocked.  I broke down and bought blocking wires, so I need to give them a try this weekend.  I played yarn chicken and lost!  Completely ran out of yarn 12 stitches from the end of the cast off.  :(  That was including the bits leftover from weaving the ends.  I had to tink the bind off and a row and then knit the bind off, but it is done!

And I finished Kevin's socks!  That Paton's Kroy sock yarn--I had a knot in two of the three skeins, and of course it was on the toe.  ;(
And----I cast on Laylow in MadTosh Merino Light for Camp Loopy 2 last night.  I got the garter tab right on the second try.  I knitted the first repeat of the drop stitch pattern, but something was wrong, so I tinked back a few rows.  Will watch the video again until I get it right.
So far I really like it.  Will be a fun knit.

Have a great Fourth of July weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment