Wednesday, January 24, 2018

What knitting have I been up to???

Busy busy crazy busy.  I have made time to knit, of course.

I'm celebrating a finish! I finished weaving the ends on Sunny Baby Blanket for my first grandbaby, Ann Marie yesterday.
I used Jeanee worsted in pink.  So sweet!!

I pulled out my Modern Wrapper Fine ( a Churchmouse Yarn and Teas pattern) in blue Brooklyn Tweed Loft. I have no idea where I am, but I want the sweater so I'd better get to it.  I also saw several sets of needles tied up with that sweater. So after studying the pattern for a while, I finally figured out that I am almost finished with the left front.  I thought all it needed was sleeves.  Apparently not. I need to just jump back in there.

I also started a new pair of socks in good ol Patons Kroy sock yarn for me.  It looks like black and gray stripes.  I need a pair of socks to wear with black pants that are not so screaming bright.  I travel for work often, and need socks that look a little more, uh, adult.
I tried out the new Addi Flexi Tips needles, which you use like double points (three in a package) and they have a nylon(?) cable in the middle of two metal tips.  I didn't really like them for socks, but I may try them again for baby socks. 

Maybe this weekend I will get brave and give my Modern Wrapper Fine another try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment