Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy Lundi Gras!

The day before Fat Tuesday, of course!

On Ringo Lake is finished and ready for the quilter!!!  I had one side that was apparently about 1 inch shorter than the other.  Took me a WEEK to get that one side in.  I ripped out and re-sewed three times!!! It was worth it. The corners would not match if the borders were not sewn correctly.
Corner fail!

Much better! Not perfect, but acceptable. Whew!

And I pieced the back.  I have a strip of leftover border pieces and some "what was I thinking" fabric strips. I needed the extra width.


I am just SO happy I am done!!I really have to force myself to finish something.  I just want to slap some wide fabric borders on and call things done, but I knew I would be happier if I made the extra effort.  Whew!
Happy Mardi Gras!! 

Oh yeah...check out http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/  to see what everyone else is working on .

3 comments:

  1. Your border on ORL is beautiful! Great addition. I have to get my seam ripper out and spend some quality time with it and my ORL top. I made a mistake somewhere and it doesn't lay flat. It will one day soon, though! Great job on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, persevering with those borders! I know how disheartening it can be to get so close to the finish line only to discover a problem that requires lots of effort to correct. All that seam ripping and restitching were totally worth it -- this quilt will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got that border on. It will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete