Monday, April 16, 2018

Bento Box

I finally started working on my niece's graduation quilt. She likes lime green, and I scored an entire bolt of this green dot last fall for $15! That's $1 a yard!!!  Score!!

I thought a Bento Box pattern would be fun. I started shopping my stash:
I started making blocks, but I think I am going to hit the fabric store for a little more variety.


















I also went to the Gulf States Quilt Association in Slidell, LA on Saturday. I had three quilts entered, and was excited that my "On Ringo Lake" Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt won 3rd place init's division. It was quilted by Cynthia Reaves--she did a fabulous job. I think I got marked down because I lost a few points in my border squares---accuracy is something I have really been working on, and there is still room for improvement!
Check out what everyone else is up to at http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/design-wall-monday-april-16-2018.html

1 comment: