Sunday, April 8, 2018

Where is spring???

I'm freezing. I'm in south Mississippi and I am freezing in April. Yeah, I'll probably complain about the heat later (not really, I like the heat).

My quilts reached a point of finish and will be hanging in the show next weekend.  If you live near New Orleans, the Gulf States Quilt Association Show is in Slidell at the Harbor Center(?) April 13-14.  It's usually a big show with vendor mall, demos, etc. My Splendid Sampler could use more quilting, but it is hanging. The Row by Row quilt with the row that shredded in the wash--I just starched and ironed it. It was all I could do. That row is in the center of the quilt, wouldn't you know it.

I finished a big project:
My first grandbaby's quilt, bumper pads and crib skirt are done! Now we are ready for baby!
I'm trying to shop my stash as much as possible.  I bought a whole bolt of the lime green dot for $15 at a storage unit sale last year. Perfect!!Check our smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com to see what everyone else is up to

3 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you will work with! and right?? Woke up this morning to snow!!! ( it was 60 yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set for baby!1 I like the colors a lot. the colors look great for your Bento box project...here in SE CT it is FREEZING cold too. I don't know where spring has gone to? Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun print for the lime green! It will pop and be perfect for your niece's quilt. Congrats on finishing a wonderful quit for your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete