Sunday, March 25, 2018

Quilt Show Prep

So...I just realized I will be in Seattle when the entries are due for the Gulf States Quilt Association Show.  I think I have about 10 days to get everything together.

On Ringo Lake is finished, except the label. It can go to the show without a label.

Splendid Sampler---OMG! I never finished quilting it!! So this is my current view:
I wanted to quilt it myself, so first I quilted the grid between the blocks. Next, I am doing decorative (hopefully) quilting in each block. I think I have it over half way done, and I still need to sew the binding and a sleeve.

I also want to enter my Row By Row quilt, but it needs fixing.  My dog Jake decided to lift his leg on it. He's a big dog, so lots of pee. Yuck.  I didn't think hand washing would be enough so I put it in the washer....big mistake. One of the blocks really shredded !!!  I sewed and quilted all the blocks the same, but one store used a fusible that did not hold up well in the wash. I'm quite bummed. I think I'll try to starch and press first, to see if I can get it to behave.  I will have to replace a few of the fabrics. I don't want to post a pic--because then everyone will know which shop it came from. I don't want to call them out, but I thought it would hold up better than that. The rest of the quilt came out fine.

Hmmm.....10 days!!!  I'd better get back to it!

Check out http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ to see what everyone else is up to!

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame about the one row on your quilt. I hope you can fix it without too much time and emotion involved. I'm glad you're fixing it now because if you put it away (and you're like me) it may never see the light of day again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get everything ready for the quilt show - bummer about the row by row accident. I have made the Splendid Sampler blocks, but haven't put them together yet. Will look forward to seeing your finished quilt. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete