Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Trying to end the funk!

Yes! It is true...I have been in kind of a quilting/sewing/blogging funk. I do it to myself.  I want to do so many things and get frustrated when I can't get it all done. Work has been crazy. Life has been busy. You get it.

I have been knitting. Knitting in the evening really calms me down and I love to knit.  I didn't know that when I learned 7-8 years ago, but I do.  I love it.

Sewing jazzes me up. If I sew at night, I am too revved up to sleep.  I can't really see as well at night, so I have been balking at any type of hand sewing. I need to get over that.

I have also been somewhat intimidated by my ever growing pile of UFO's.  I did make a huge step though--I bought the Washi Dress pattern and fabric on a trip to Indianapolis 6-7 years ago.  A few years ago I finally started it.  I was almost finished, except for the cap sleeves.  It has been hanging in my sewing room for at least two years, waiting on those sleeves. I want to sew clothes for the grands, but wanted to finish the dress first. And the dress was still not finished, so I'm not sewing for the grands. I got everything out and realized I had lost the instructions.  Rats!!!  I emailed the kind designer, Rae Hoekstra, and her assistant sent me the directions.  So yes! The dress is in the process of sleeves!!!
I think I will be finished tonight!!!  Woohooo!!!

Maybe I am finally breaking out of my sewing funk!!!

Check out smallquiltsanddollquilts.com  to see what everyone else is up to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment