Sunday, October 20, 2019

Back in the groove?

Hopefully.  I did my house chores first, then sewed all afternoon.  Fabulous!!! I have not spent that much quality time in my sewing room for a while.  I pieced the top of my guild's Color Theory Challenge. I've done a little free motion quilting practice and think I will just stipple the top.
I know you quilt from the inside to the edges, but  practiced a bit on the border--I think I've still got it!  I'm hoping to power through and get it done this week.  Maybe a little at a time.

I also brought out a hand quilting project, and worked on it most of the morning.  I removed the hoop and found it is so much easier for me to quilt. I think I'll just work on it like that. I know the hoop keeps the fabric taught, but it was just so cumbersome. I haven't hand quilted in many years and the clumsiness was holding me back. It is supposed to be a Christmas gift for my sister in law.  The top was an 8th grade graduation present for her mother (my MIL). I don't know if Kristine will really appreciate it or not, but I think it will make her mother, Judy, very happy to see it finished.
It is just a simple nine patch so I am doing straight line quilting. 

I'm excited to be quilting again. Now to see if I can keep up with this blogging business. :)

1 comment:

  1. Back in the groove is a good place to be! Hope you continue to hand quilt now that you've found the best way for you.

    ReplyDelete