Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sick Day Sewing

Well, I thought I was coming down with my boyfriend's cold, so I stayed home from work yesterday.  I soaked in a steaming tub and got dressed and actually felt ok.  SEW DAY!!!  I had the best sew day I have had in a while.

I am trying to catch up on a guild project, a "Grow Your Own" round robin.  Instead of working on other people's quilts, you work on your own quilt.  I chose to use the big pile of 1930s repro fabrics I had in my stash.  Each month you are given a different border assignment.  I finished the star blocks for border #2:
And assembled the star border:
Border #3 was easy.  It was supposed to be rectangles on 2 sides:
And I even had enough time to start Border #4 (the current border).  I had enough pre-made stem in my box to make a vine around the entire quilt.  I basted in and will applique' flowers and leaves.  I kinda free-form pinned the vine, so I hope it doesn't look sloppy.  I am hoping the applique will hide my crooked vine.
I think I really needed a good sew day!  I feel so much better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment