Wednesday, October 3, 2018

It's October Already???

Wow!!!  I completely missed September!! I didn't stop knitting or quilting, just forgot to sit still long enough to post on the blog.

I finally finished Modern Wrapper Fine, in Brooklyn Tweed Loft. I had never used this yarn before, and wanted to try it. I think I started this over a year ago. It was not difficult, but I set it down a couple of times and forgot about it. Last month I just picked it up and dove right in. I guess I was finally ready to work on it.

Then ..... I lost in the game of yarn chicken!! I had about 20 rows left on the second sleeve and ran out of yarn. RATS!!!  I was able to order more yarn, but it was a different dye lot. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a hair thicker and slightly lighter in color, but now that it is knitted, I (or anyone else I've asked) can't tell which sleeve I used the new skein on.

I'm really happy with it and can't wait for cooler weather so I can wear it. I think I will soak it again and see if it will soften up--the yarn is a bit scratchy, but it will be fine since it will be the outer layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment